- Communities rally round to feed hungry children as ministers defend fundingon 26/10/2020 at 10:22 am
Thousands of free meals will be provided to children by businesses, local authorities and community groups on the first day of half term as ministers faced a damaging grassroots Tory revolt over the issue..
- Armed forces storm oil tanker and detain stowaways after hijackingon 26/10/2020 at 8:21 am
Seven people have been detained after British armed forces stormed an oil tanker off the Isle of Wight following a suspected hijacking by stowaways. The raid, likely to have been carried out by members of the Special Boat Service (SBS), was authorised by Defence Secretary Ben Wallace and Home Secretary Priti Patel on Sunday night after a tense 10-hour stand-off..
- Boots to unveil in store rapid Covid 19 testing serviceon 26/10/2020 at 8:04 am
Boots is set to unveil a new coronavirus testing service it says can return results from swab tests in just 12 minutes. The pharmacy chain said the LumiraDx devices, which are able to quickly process swab tests to give customers same-day results, will be rolled out in selected stores over the next few weeks..
- Local lockdowns and home working take toll on jobs market reporton 26/10/2020 at 7:57 am
Deserted high streets and city centres are hampering Britainâ€™s jobs recovery, new research suggests. Urban areas in Scotland and south England are bearing the steepest declines in vacancies, the Centre for Cities found..
- Paediatricians Childhood hunger is an issue that should transcend politicson 25/10/2020 at 8:15 am
More than 2,000 paediatricians have signed a letter urging Boris Johnson to extend free school meals to vulnerable children during the holidays â€“ saying childhood hunger should â€œtranscend politicsâ€�..